menu ☰
menu ˟

SPEAK Report (2011)


Irish Sports Council (ISC)

Subject Keywords: An overview of the work of the national network of 32 Local Sports Partnerships in 2011
Topic: Obesity
Catalogue: Research and Evaluation
Type: Report
Region: Republic of Ireland

This report is the fifth annual report of the Local Sports Partnerships (LSP) network using the SPEAK self-evaluation system. It reflects the work of the full national network of 32 LSPs for 2011. The report has added significance as 2011 was the 10th anniversary of the first LSPs in existence.

•  The LSP network is a central pillar of the Irish Sports Council’s plans for increasing participation in sport to 45% by 2020

• Over €12.7m was invested in the network in 2011. This figure includes benefit-in-kind funding
• Funding from the Irish Sports Council accounts for 44.6% of the total LSP funding in 2011, the remaining 55.4% is raised from other sources. These figures include benefit-in-kind funding
• 457 people served on LSP boards in 2011, representing an average of over 14 people per board
• In 2011, 111 people worked full-time on behalf of the LSPs. 65 were directly funded by the ISC. A further 35 people worked part-time within the LSP structure, 3 of whom were funded by the IS



Rights: © ISC
Suggested citation:

Irish Sports Council (ISC). (2011) SPEAK Report (2011) [Online]. Available from: [Accessed: 15th October 2019].


View your saved citations and reading lists


Sport Ireland
Click here to view all the resources gathered from this organisation's website.